A while back I had a dream, which I then blogged about. I’m not sure that was a good idea. If saying what you wished for out loud voids the wish, I think it must be the opposite with dreams. Here’s what I mean (and thanks to my friend, jkribbit, for reminding me to fess up to how “real” my dream actually was):
TRUE & FALSE: I did in fact deliver the baby at home, however the birth happened on our living room floor, not in the (relative) comfort of a bed.
Dream “fact” 2: It only took three pushes.
FALSE (I think): Truthfully, I have no idea how many pushes it took. You see, I was just a little freaked out at that point and not at all focused on counting the number of pushes. But I am almost certain it was more than three (though it probably wasn’t many more than that).
Dream “fact” 3: I went “all natural”- no drugs whatsoever.
TRUE: I don’t know about you, but there aren’t many anesthesiologists hanging around my living room at
Dream “fact” 4: It was painless.
FALSE: This was the part of the dream that I was most sure wouldn’t come true and I was right, although I don’t think I was quite prepared for just how right I was.
Dream “fact” 5: The baby was a girl.
TRUE: The baby I delivered in real life, just like in my dream, was a little girl.
4 comments:
Jess I am so excited you guys have a little girl! What a crazy story - I have never known anyone who has given birth at home. Hopefully little Madylin won't always have so much excitement in her life (but with three fun brothers that may just always be the case!) Congrats!!
Wow! No one will be able to top that birthing story. Have fun with your little girl. I love all the bows and pink. Rene'e now wants to have a say in what she wears so enjoy dressing Madelyn now.
Wow! What a story! I'm so glad everything turned out ok!! Congratulations, again! I'm so happy for you!!!
OH.My.HOLY.CRAP.GOSH.GOODNESS.WOW.
(my jaw just dropped. sorry)
That is amazing!
Post a Comment