Saturday, February 21

i love…

(a belated valentine's day post, in no particular order)

Maddy’s crooked smile (not that she smiles crooked, but that her teeth on the right side are growing in before the left ones)

living in a country where I don’t have to be afraid to walk outside

the smell of clothes that have been dried outside

... my kids’ unending supply of creativity

the sound of running water

knowing that every time Cole says “Mommy?” it will be followed by “I love you”

walking on just-vacuumed carpet

watching Lij figure something out by himself (using his amazing determination, independence and enthusiasm)

learning new things

making Alexander laugh

sitting in front of a wood-burning fire

trying out a new recipe; especially one I made up; especially if the kids actually eat it

the sound of all my kids playing together

waking up next to Alexander

… fresh-baked homemade whole wheat bread – the smell & the taste

and having my kitchenaid to make it with

Dyl’s voice, which even sounds adorable when he’s whining

taking a long walk on a crisp fall day

seeing Cole’s “happy teeth” (what he calls a smile)

the feeling of super-soft baby hair

the peace of watching snow fall

crawling into bed at the end of the day

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen to many of those! If you could bottle Dylan's voice for me, I would pay major bucks! It's SO adorable!

Anonymous said...

The things I love...
your blog, which makes me feel so close I can smell your soft, beautiful hair; hear those terrific children and see their 'happy teeth', albeit crooked in one case; listen to Alexander as he makes the storybooks come to life; and soak in the love that makes your home such a wonderful place to be!!
the things I wish...
that we could go on those crisp Autumn walks together with strollers, happy inquisitive children and smiling husbands; that we could watch the snow fall together; that I could taste those great recipes and homemade wheat bread more often.
The things I am grateful for... to be your Mom, Mom-in-law, and Grandma; and for Kleenex!!
I love you!!! mamasmama