Saturday, January 5

Random Weirdness

I got tagged by Bright One to tell the internet seven randomly weird things about myself. Maybe #1 should be that I’m willing to accept the challenge. Not good enough? Okay, see what you make of these:

1. I can’t stand the “kicking” during pregnancy. It feels a little too Alien for my taste. As I type, baby #4 is squirming frantically around in my abdomen and all I can think is, “Alright, already!! I get that you’re feeling your present circumstances leave something to be desired in the space department, but we’re definitely not letting you out of your lease until at least late April (preferably early May). So quit your complaining!”

2. When I’m really aggravated or upset my eyes turn green. I have hazel eyes, which are normally mostly brown, with only an outside ring of green. When the green starts creeping towards the pupil, Alexander knows he better apologize.

3. I loathe tomatoes (with a great fiery passion), but really like pretty much every tomato-based product I can think of. Tomato soup, ketchup, pasta sauce, salsa made with fresh tomatoes – all fine. Tomatoes plain – Ew. Yuck. And I don’t know why.

4. Every since my dad broke his writing hand on my twelfth birthday, I’ve harbored the closet ambition of becoming ambidextrous. Strangely enough, this is one goal that motherhood has actually helped me toward achieving.

5. I don’t really like breakfast foods all that much. And I’ve never understood restaurants that advertise “breakfast served all day” like it’s a selling point. However, cereal does make a nice dessert.

6. Growing up in western NY, I used to wish I was anywhere else. Now though, out of all the places I’ve lived, it’s the place I’d most like to go back to. Or maybe it’s just that I’d really like to be out of TX. Which might mean I’m just not satisfied with wherever I am currently? (Hum. That’s probably it.)

7. I don’t like following meme “rules,” especially the tag. So I’m not going to. But if anyone reads this and feels inspired, by all means, go for it! After all, I like reading what other people feel are their randomly weird characteristics. I guess I’m just weird like that…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

#3 isn't weird, just enlightened.

Unknown said...

Hey now, I have it on good authority that being weird is a good thing. Just ask my favorite 4-yr old. It is a good thing, isn't it?!!!

the lizness said...

It has been awhile since I visited!! I didn't know you were expecting too, congratulations.