This past Sunday, after the major clothing battles had been fought and compromises reached, I figured that putting on shoes and socks would be no big deal. But I underestimated one of my opponents.
Lij and Cole went gentle, but Dylan, as his name would suggest, felt to rage. I had the temerity to suggest he wear navy socks, to match his navy slacks. He wanted to wear his white sweat socks. After pointing out the obvious virtues of my choice in inner-footwear, I asked why he didn’t want to wear them.
His answer? “Because the guys might not like it.”
Pray tell who are these guys, I wondered.
“The guys in my nursery class.” He replied as if it were obvious.
Ah, yes. At last I could see the conflict. I mean how can one truly pour one’s three-year-old soul into singing “Jesus Wants Me For A Sunbeam” when one is worried about whether the guys approve of your socks or not? How could I have been so insensitive?
By all means darling, wear the sweat socks.
By the way, for those of you keeping track, this entry means I've officially blogged more in the past two and a half months than I did all of last year. Don't fall off your computer chairs or anything (I only posted five times last year), just thought it was a fun milestone to note.
2 comments:
I'm so glad to see you're back to blogging! I've missed reading about the exploits of you and your boys. :) You have such a fun way of writing about things.
First, Jeffrey R Holland would be proud!
Next, WOW! I'm amazed that 'what the guys think' matters so early!
Also,I remember a feisty little girl who insisted on dressing herself. It was all a Mom could do not to worry what the teacher and all the Moms would think as her daughter came to Kindergarten in the flowered shirt and plaid skirt! Guess that's a lesson for all ages.
Post a Comment