Wednesday, April 16

This and That

Since I haven’t posted in a while (and since I still don’t have a really good “story” to share), I thought a list might serve for now. Here goes:

  • First, my mom is here. Bless her. She came early to be with me while Alexander’s away at a business conference and she’s staying until well after the baby’s expected to arrive. The boys are in Grandma heaven. They no longer need Mom and have hardly even noticed that Alexander is out of town. I get an occasional “I love you, Mom” as they scamper out into the backyard to play with Grandma and I have a feeling it’s because somehow they know I was instrumental in getting Grandma here in the first place. I’ve been sleeping in and have even napped once or twice (without anything being broken when I woke up). I’ve never gone to a head-to-toe-pampering day spa before, but I have a feeling that it couldn’t be too much better than this is. I’m living the life!

  • Second, my eldest child is now a five-years-old. When did this happen? And where was I? Overnight, Lij seems to have grown into a little boy, capable of heading off to Kindergarten in a few short months (which he’s now even registered for). I’m just hoping that one of these nights, between waking up to roll over or to use the bathroom, I will somehow morph into a mom who’s as ready for this to happen as her child is.

  • Third, my OB is an alarmist. But instead of finding this alarming, I find it extremely humorous. Four weeks ago when he checked and I was 1 cm dilated, he was panicked, explaining that if I went into labor that early, they’d try to stop it however they could. This week when he checked me and I was 3 cm, he was ready to induce me. I calmly told him that since I’m still two weeks shy of my due date I’m quite content to “wait it out.” He proceeded to tell me that I could go any second now. I smiled and nodded. I expect to see him in the hospital sometime after my due date in another two weeks or so.

  • Fourth, I should probably enjoy sleeping alone more than I do. I mean, who wouldn’t love having a queen-size bed all to themselves? But I just can’t seem to get used to rolling over without Alexander next to me. Good thing he comes home soon. This is a time when I should be storing up sleep, like a squirrel hording away nuts for the winter, not waking up every hour and a half to roll over and miss my husband.

  • And finally, laptops really work best when you have a lap to use them on. Since my lap is currently occupied with a burgeoning baby belly, I find my finger straining to reach the keyboard. Therefore, before I make any more horrible spelling errors causing red lines to erupt all over my typewritten page, I’ll close.

3 comments:

the lizness said...

You can roll over at 9 months pregnant? you rawk

jkribbit said...

Aren't Grandparents wonderful? I'm so glad your Mom can be there with you! Your boys are so adorable! HeartYTOM!

Anonymous said...

Tell your Mom I say HI!