Friday, September 29

Fancy That Friday – A Southpaw’s Earning Power

I heard this report on NPR awhile back (okay, a long while back) and knew I had to share it some Friday. Click here if you’d rather listen to it instead…


Morning Edition, August 11, 2006 · Congratulations to left-handed men! And not just because this Sunday (August 13) is International Left-Handers Day, but because a new study shows southpaws are richer than righties, 15 percent richer for left-handed men who attended college, and 26 percent richer if they graduated. Researchers at Lafayette College and Johns Hopkins University can't explain the wage difference, and they don't know why women lefties don't have the same advantage.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm glad you're back in the blogging world! I really enjoy reading your posts.

I knew there was a reason I always wanted to be a lefty when I was a kid! And it wasn't that I could use the special scissor either...

Anonymous said...

harumph. All I know is my sister is a lefty and she always got special notebooks with the binding at the top.

(no bitterness remains ... )

Julie Q. said...

Wow, this kinda makes me wish I hadn't beat my kids' knuckles with a ruler every time they tried to write with their left hand...just kidding.

Thanks for your posts. I've been enjoying them (and catching up on the earlier ones too).

smart mama said...

I love npr for just those random tidbits- my smart baby has been showing a L tendency (or maybe it was all those in utero ultrasounds) if so I'll say make you mama rich boy-

Bright One said...

Hey I had no idea! Unfortunately when interviewing possibilities for the position of "husband" I didn't even consider checking on this.....had I only known! : )

Lei said...

Lol. So does my ambidextrous son have half a shot, then? ;)

Kathryn Thompson said...

I love these. So fun. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

That is great. I am married to one of those south paws. Good to know, good to know.

Patti said...

Lefty people always seemed way cooler when I was little...

Are you taking a break? I have missed reading you!