This is a little strange for me, as my sister and I pretty much lived for playing “house” throughout our formative years. Actually, before my younger sis was even able to participate, I would hoodwink unsuspecting neighborhood boys into playing “house” with me. One such exchange (as overheard by my mom) went something like this:
Me: You wanna play “house?”
Unsuspecting Neighborhood Boy: No.
Me: Well, okay. You wanna play “chase?”
UNB: Yeah, sure!
Me: Okay, you run and I’ll chase you. Then when I catch you, you’ll be the dad and I’ll be the mom.
UNB: Okay! Let’s play!
It’s just slightly sad, therefore, that all the games that now surround me are of the car-driving, rough-housing, light saber-wielding variety.
But yesterday, Alexander provided me with a ray of hope. He overheard our middle two pretending to be their grandparents. He listened in as they went on a number of adventures as Pa & Nana, taking along – for good measure – an imaginary version of their grandparents’ dog, Ariel.
I guess being Pa & Nana just seems a whole lot more interesting to our little guys then being Dad & Mom!
4 comments:
So who got to be Pa and who got to be Nana? I was always the girl and made Aubrey be the boy parts. That's amazing that Lij is already loosing teeth - he is getting so old!
I'm surprised that they didn't make Nicholas be Ariel!
That is great! You must admit Pa and Nana make life a lot of fun! Just like The Bodacious Bib Man, the Amazing Adventures of Pa and Nana would make for some very enjoyable reading, don't you think? (Hint, hint!)
Oooh, I just had a scary thought- what about the Explosive Escapades of Tom'pa and Grandma. Now that gives cause for concern.
[They definitely chose the better role models!! :)] In all seriousness, they could choose few better role models - great folks, Pa and Nana. I admire them!! (Mom and Dad are great, too - they'll come to realize that eventually!) Mamasmama
way to trick 'em! i think the adventures of pa and nana sound very interesting. maybe you should write a book!
Post a Comment