Tuesday, April 21

Picasso & Gertrude Stein

Frequently, the kids draw during church. It keeps them busy and quiet, which is good all around. This past Sunday, Lij came up with this masterpiece:

I especially love the freckles.

Lij was careful to study Alexander many times while drawing the portrait and would probably be offended if someone insinuated that it didn’t bear much resemblance to the subject. Then again, maybe he just sees something the rest of us don’t yet. Like Picasso.

When people told him Gertrude Stein didn’t look like his portrait of her, Picasso would simply state, “She will.”

Something to look forward to, Alexander.

3 comments:

katierose said...

maybe it's just the artist in me, but i got the chills when i read that. i simply LOVE this portrait, and it would be matted and framed in my (pi)cas(so).

Turnbow Family said...

that's just how I remember Alexander :)

Anonymous said...

Great job, Elijah! That is a wonderful portrail! You can tell he loves his father very much - look at the great wide-eyed, happy expression! I say kudos to Elijah and to his wonderful father!!
Mamasmama