I don’t feel the enormity of this that some people do.
I’ve known those that dread it. I don’t. I’ve known those who can’t wait for it – what a milestone! That’s not me either.
For me, it’s just another number. Just another birthday. Really, just another day.
I didn’t suddenly wake up one morning and feel thirty. I didn’t look different or older either. And so I can’t really manage to see what all the fuss is about.
But one nice thing about a birthday that’s supposed to be monumental is that other people tend to want to make it special. Things don’t really make something special for me, but people do. And so this year I got the best gift! Overlapping visits from my father and sister and my mother and her husband. And then Alexander’s parents were able to visit while my mom and her husband were still here.
This was my first birthday since middle school that my whole family was together for. And in that way it really was the best birthday ever!
Thanks guys for making my just-another-(birth)day so wonderful!! I love you!

No comments:
Post a Comment