So, let’s talk in hypothetical for a moment, shall we?
Hypothetically, I know this guy who has gotten better with each passing year I’ve known him.
This guy is humorous, loves a good joke. He likes to see me smile and will try to keep me laughing even when I don’t think I can find it in myself to be happy.
This guy is one of the best fathers I know. Selfless and tireless in his daddy duties. His kids love him. They wait all day for him to come home. And they climb on him all night after he does.
I know a guy, hypothetically, who is talented. Immensely so. He has no free time and yet he’s written two novels. Because he loves to write. And because sometimes, talent just can’t be stifled.
This guy, who has absolutely no free time of his own, gets up early just to make sure that his wife is able to accomplish her goals. Because he knows that her free time is at a minimum too.
Hypothetically, this guy I know is amazing. Every day, he makes me want to be better. Every day he makes me glad that I know him.
And every day he makes me over-the-moon appreciative that I’m married to him. Eight years this month. Eight truly wonderful years – just the beginning – with a truly wonderful guy.
Hypothetically speaking, of course.


4 comments:
He is such an amazing guy. I am not so good at pretending to be hypothetical, but I also have loved watching him as a dad. His patience is AMAZING, as well as his ability to let go of his adult self and have fun, which is why all the kids love him. I wish we got to see you guys more often, but I am still grateful for him in my life as well. Happy anniversary you two!
What a great hypothetical guy! Happy hypothetical anniversary!
I totally agree! You are both so fantastic! I sure will miss not seeing you at Thanksgiving!
I could not agree with you more! You married a remarkable and loveable fellow, who has become a true and trusted husband and a wise and fun father and a beloved son-in-law! I love being with you all and enjoy seeing you together and all together with your children. You know what's important and teach that to your children!! Keep loving each other and them....and us!!mamasmama
Post a Comment