He’s actually been pretty worried about starting school. Not about being away from home. About not knowing enough. In fact, he’s been studying all summer in preparation for the big day.
I guess it shouldn’t have surprised me then that when I delivered him to his classroom this morning and he saw a fair number of students already at their desks and working {coloring a picture, I believe}, he didn’t even spare me a backward glance. He took off like a shot, straight for his seat, and got right down to business. I had to chase him across the room for my good-bye hug and even then he could only spare one arm for his old mama.
When we picked the boys up this afternoon, Lij was of course Joe Cool about his first day. Completely unfussed. I think Dylan actually toned down his reaction in response to Elijah’s. When I asked Dyl how his first day of kindergarten was, his reply – accompanied by an uber-casual shrug of the shoulders – was, “a blast.” But while his two-word verdict remained the same, by the time Alexander got home from work, the tone of delivery was vastly more excited.

2 comments:
two super cute school boys!
Love the 'too cool' second grader's funny face compared to the 'too young to care' kindergartener's. mamasmama
Post a Comment