Awhile back (actually a long while back – before I went on vacation to be precise), Bright One tagged me to respond to the “fours” meme. Little does she, or most of my readers for that matter, know that back in January I responded to that meme in the hopes of attracting more people to my brand-new blog (the Daring One promised it would happen after all). That post was actually only my fifth and so I’m not surprised if no one read it. No one was reading my posts at that point. But now, as I approach 90 posts, I’d like to hope that at least a few people are reading. So for Bright One and any others who might be curious, here’s a flashback to my fours post.
Actually, although I’ve picked a bit on memes in the past, I do find them rather interesting. (I am still opposed to the chain-letter nature they’ve assumed in the blogworld, however). In fact, I got ideas from several memes that helped me compile a list of questions to have my relatives respond to in preparation for the family reunion that I just returned from. I got such a kick out of seeing all that our family has in common and the things that make us unique. I found out that many of my family share my (and Alexander’s) aspiration of writing a novel in the next ten years. Who knew?! In contrast, only one family member would admit to loving liver & onions (although I secretly think the number might be a little higher).
I guess what I’m trying to say is that even something that seems trivial – and at times even a bit annoying – can become something special with the right perspective. The “chain-letter type meme obsession” (as I dubbed it) among bloggers actually led me to get to know my family members better.
And so, if I may, a little challenge on this last Wednesday of May: Take something that you learn on a blog (doesn’t have to be mine) and improve your life in someway. Visit Kathryn and get a summer reading list together. Stop over at Bright One’s blog and start saving money. Join with Heather setting and working toward a goal. The list could go on and on. The point is take the opportunity not just to enjoy each other’s stories, but to enrich your life in the process.
2 comments:
I posted about memes today
I think memes are so much fun...you're right that they can take on that "chain letter" feel but in the blog world it also seems to tie us all together somehow....I'm always amazed at how much others are like me! Thanks for being a good sport when I tagged you ...
Post a Comment