I so have not been motivated to write lately. But the kids continue to be funny/cute/expressive/etc, so I’ve been taking mental notes of all their aforementioned antics for when I did feel motivated to write. Motivated I still am not, however my mental notepad has officially run out of paper. So get ready. The following have been collected (mentally) for the past month:
The Boys of Bedtime
We always go in to check on the boys before we head to bed for the night. Here’s a quick list of the various places we’ve found them asleep recently:
1. Blocking the door (Nicholas – with his blankie wrapped around his head)
2. Almost entirely underneath Elijah’s bed, just the feet sticking out (Nicholas)
3. Feet to feet in Dylan’s bed (Lij and Dylan)
4. Head and torso inside the closet, feet and legs outside (Nicholas)
5. Sprawled out face down in the middle of the floor, butt-nekked – except for a blankie wrapped around the head (Nicholas)
Things Said
Lij: Being home makes me happy. Like the happiest of ever. Going to school kind of makes me sad. I want to just stay home and play.
Me: You need to remember to wear your sneakers tomorrow because you have P.E.
Lij: ALRIGHT!! P.E.!!
Alexander: Sit down guys, it’s storytime.
Dylan: I don’t wanna sit where the band-aid is!!
(Alexander had a band-aid on his left forearm)
Lij: I got chocolate milk today.
Me: How did you get milk? You have to pay for milk.
Lij: I stand in line and show them my nametag and they give me chocolate milk.
Me: Did the nametag have your name on it?
(Later that evening at school open house)
Me: Can a child go through the lunch line and purchase food without money?
Teacher: Yes.
Me: So they just… put it on our tab?
Teacher (smiling): Yes, pretty much. Is this about the milk?
Me: Yeah. Lij came home and told me he got chocolate milk today.
Woman next to me (muttering): At least your kid told you.
Mad about Maddy
And finally, Maddy is just shy of five months old and is growing like crazy. The boys still love her and are still (pretty) gentle with her. She can now alternate lifting her front and back halves off the ground while lying on her tummy. She loves bringing things up to her mouth and chewing on them (I think she’s teething). While lying on her stomach, she can move herself 180 degrees to follow the action around the room. And today, she was so excited to be lying down on the floor beside me that she managed to scoot herself backward a good five feet in an attempt to get closer to me.
6 comments:
That scooting backwards is so fun! Zesty is pulling himself up on all fours now, especially when he has his soft little basketball in his arms to balance him. Love it!
I really enjoy reading about what's going on with you and your kids, even if you don't feel motivated. :) I love it when babies start becoming mobile. It's so much fun to watch them exploring and learning new things.
Your life must be crazy with three boys in a row! It sound like fun though!
wow, I wish I had a mental notepad like yours! I love all the creative sleeping places - sounds like Nicholas is the king of them. Are they all in the same room in regular beds now?
I would love to be a fly on the wall in the boys'bedroom after the story is read, the prayers are said, and the door is gently shut. Of course, I'd probably fall off the wall I'd be laughing so hard!
Oh, the joy of it all!
Think of what Maddy's missing out on by being in the 'girl's room'! From the sound of her activity, she'd be in there with the rest of them, finding interesting things to do 'after-hours'
Isn't it great when chocolate milk and PE still are such great enticements?!! mamasmama
What creative sleeping places! I agree, I wish I could be a fly on the wall! Especially to find out how Nicholas ended up naked with his blanket around his head!
How nice it is to be excited to go to school for chocolate milk and P.E.! Maybe I should try that with my 6th graders. Of course, oddly enough, I can get them (especially the boys) to do ANYTHING for a Disney Princess sticker. Guess it's all about finding what the motivator is. :)
Post a Comment