Thursday, April 13

In My Neck Of The Woods

I recently received a comment from Goslyn asking what places I would recommend that someone traveling in “my neck of the woods” go see (namely her). Now, granted, I only know her in blogville, so my list couldn’t be tailored to include her specific likes and avoid her dislikes. But I could give her a list of “general attractions” that my family has either been to or been told we should visit by those we trust (mostly the later frankly, as we haven’t strayed too far from home in the relatively short time we’ve been here).


And because I’m feeling especially lazy today (and I also think it might interest some of you), I’ve decided to reprise the list as today’s post. Enjoy this alphabetical list of attractions (so as not to show any undue preferences):


The Alamo

Blue Bell Creamery (sorry Goslyn, I forgot to send you this one)

Houston Museum of Art

Johnson Space Center

El Mercado Mexican Market

The Riverwalk (safety note: no guardrails between the sidewalk and the water, so if you’re bringing little ones be sure to have some way of securing them)

Rudy’s Bar-B-Q (after polling various people this got the most votes for good, but not overpriced, bar-b-que)

San Antonio Zoo (supposedly one of the best in the country)

Seaworld

South Padre Island (lots to do in this area)

Wildseed Farms


Now, since I don’t plan on staying in Texas forever and since my vacations don’t usually take me around my own state anyway, where would you all recommend I visit were I to drop by your “neck of the woods?” See, this is fun, isn’t it?!

2 comments:

Goslyn said...

Oh, that's a great idea! If you were coming to visit me, I would definately recommend a trip into NYC (tons to see there), a trip to Philly (also, lots of neat history to explore), a visit to Hershey Park or Dorney Park if you are into amusment parks, and maybe a trip to Valley Forge.

Anonymous said...

Hey... I love your neck of the woods. I'm coming there in a month or so. It would be fun to meet up. I'm coming to Houston, though.
:)