
So when we headed out to a u-cut tree farm today, we just had to stop off for the most amazing apple cider and fry cakes (denser donuts, for you uninitiated), because it was just down the road. See the indisputable logic in that? Thought so.
And the tree farm just happened to have a live animal nativity, so we could check ‘drive around looking at nativities’ off our to-do list (assuming it was on there in the first place).


And what Christmas celebration would be complete without a ride in Santa’s sleigh? You might even get to take the reigns.

As it turned out, the kids had so much fun with all the “extras” on our trip to the u-cut farm (not to mention having plenty more snow to play in), that they ended up ditching us before we even got a tree. Tom’pa and I were left to our own devises to make the final decision, cut it down, and haul it back to the car. And here I thought the kids would be so excited about that part!


Despite the lack of help, I think we ended up with a pretty good tree.
We didn’t get around to naming it, but if we had, I’m sure we would have called it something along the lines of “Spike.” It had the sharpest needles I’ve ever encountered on a pine! No fun to put up – Alexander and I both got stabbed repeatedly through our clothing – but the super-sharp needles did have the unexpected result of keeping the kids well away from the tree. In fact, I think this is the first year that not a single ornament was taken down by the littles.
1 comment:
Now that was a fun day, you have to admit! In spite of the longer time in the car than we would have liked and the later getting back to the house than we would have liked. Time seems to erase those details, and just the fun memories remain! I still can't get over the complete abandon of the boys in the snow - it was great!!
mamasmama
Post a Comment