Wednesday, June 28

The Impeccable Aim Of An Eighteen-Month-Old

(Actually, for those of you keeping track, Dylan’s only seventeen months old, but – artistic license – eighteen sounded better in the title!)


I was changing Dylan’s diaper today, which has become its own little mini-adventure. You see, you can never quite tell what temper he’s going to be in once he’s hoisted onto the changing table. Sometimes he hums happily while I wipe his bum. Other times he arches his back and shrieks hysterically as I try desperately to get a clean diaper on him.

Today, he was rather happy. He playfully grabbed at his feet and grinned at me. But just as I was reaching for the diaper (which I’d already opened/unfolded to expedite the process), he snatched it away from me and flung it overboard.


Sighing, as only a pregnant woman who now has to bend over can, I turned to see which direction the diaper had flown. I scanned the ground in vain only to discover that the pitched Pamper had ended up absorbent-side-down in the toilet directly behind me. It is truly amazing how quickly diapers suck up wetness.


Also amazing is the toddler who still has trouble getting food from his spoon into his mouth but can manage to soak an entire diaper in a single throw. That’s my boy!

1 comment:

Goslyn said...

Oh, how funny. But that, my dear, is why we always keep our toilet lids closed. I have dropped entire boxes of tampons in an open toilet before. Those suckers are VERY absorbant.