But that doesn’t stop me for coveting baby girl clothes as I walk past them in the stores.
Yes, honey, I know I should be shopping for some sensible 3T slacks or a nice 12 month button-down shirt, but isn’t this flowered dress with the matching panties so cute you can hardly stand it?
No, I don’t think the boys would look good in pink – especially not Dylan, it would clash with his red hair - but that’s hardly the point.
Doesn’t this precious little pleated jumper just makes you want to giggle. Ooooh, and it would go perfectly with those sweet little suede mary-janes I happened to see when we were looking for sneakers with no laces and some sort of super-hero on them.
I’m not a girly-girl. I don’t plan to dress my daughter (provided I have one) in massive amounts of ruffles and/or crinoline. She will probably not have an excessive amount of pink in her wardrobe. And unless the situation is desperate, I do not see myself sticking any bows to the top or sides of my child’s head.
And I like shopping for my boys. I love dressing them in overalls. And seeing Elijah in his church slacks, white shirt and sweater makes me want to giggle too. But still…
You can’t tell me that baby boy clothes are cuter than clothes for baby girls. I’ve been to the stores. And I’ve seen for myself. Even if I wasn’t supposed to be looking.
6 comments:
I came across your blog on accident - it's great! And what cuties your boys are :)
I only have 1 boy so far, but girls totally have cuter clothes. I find myself looking longingly at the girls section on a frequent basis. I have to stop myself or it will just make me want to have another baby that much sooner.
I'm in your same boat! I have a 19 month old boy and stare longingly at the girl clothes every time I step foot in a store. They're SO cute!
I have two boys (soon to be 9 and 6) and love them dearly, but I, too, would have liked to have had a Daddy's Little Girl!
I had 3 boys before I got my girl. I LOVED being able to shop for her. But she has 3 older brothers and 1 younger brother, so while she digs in the dirt with her brothers, she likes to be a girl...sorta...Her FAVORITE outfits include, a cute summer dress with pants under it and a baseball cap (whichever team her big brothers are playing on at the time. No Bows for this chickadee.
Yes, girl clothes are much cuter than boy clothes. BUT, boys don't care what they are wearing and girls (I've got 3) have the need to change 10 times a day and they never, ever seem to match anything. So, all those cute clothes you see in the stores don't mean a thing when your daughter has paired that ruffled, purple, flowered skirt with the loud yellow and red striped shirt. And then the shoes, oh, the shoes!
Post a Comment