Over the Thanksgiving holiday she shared a few of her UFOs with me, giving me a little back story behind some of the more interesting ones. It was a riot! She is an exceptionally organized person with a lot of follow-through (I could learn a few things). Knowing that even she has projects collecting dust gave me at least a little hope that I am not too far gone. We even challenged each other to finish a project before Christmas when we would see each other again. We both had pajama bottoms to finish. She could wear hers over Christmas. Mine still need to be hemmed. (In my defense, I moved right before Christmas. But nevertheless, she won. Fair and square).
Yesterday, when I finished my first UFO since Thanksgiving, I knew I had to blog about it. To commemorate the occasion, yes, but also to pay tribute to a great lady in my life who teaches me new things all the time.
So, here it is… My first finished Un-Finished Object:
Lovely, huh? It’s Dylan’s baby quilt. Yep, Dylan. The one who’s over a year old. I did finish the matching bumper a long time ago, and the quilt for the most part, but I hadn’t gotten around to tying the stupid thing. Yesterday I did. And today it’s finished. I must say, the satisfaction is nearly overwhelming.
Got yourself a UFO (or two or three or thirteen) lying around? Finish it up. I dare you. You’ll be glad you did. And you’ll have something to blog about tomorrow.

10 comments:
I have OH SO MANY! And guess what I'm getting ready to add to? My first quilt, lol!
It's beautiful! I love the colors.
I love that quilt! So cute! I have so many UFO's. The cross stitch I meant to have done for our wedding - 5.5 years ago. I need to get some of my UFO's done!
It's gorgeous. I need to start an project before I can have a UFO!! Good grief...I need a hobby beyond my kids. Thanks for inspiring me! By the way, I found your blog via cirques des mamans, which I just joined recently. Come visit me sometime! :-)
You have totally inspired me. I will report on what unfinished object I have finished tomorrow. Wish me luck!
And the quilt looks awesome!
So cute!!! Did you applique the animals? Oh, I am so impressed! I have lost count of my UFO's, but I love the idea of calling them UFO's!
Yeah to those of you who want to tackle some of your UFOs!! Totally let me know how it goes.
HLH, I am SO not a quilter, but I would say the animals are appliqued. I hand stitched them to the fabric (I think that's the definition of applique. Anyone who knows better, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong :) But some parts of the animals (ears, manes, hair, etc) aren't fully stitched down, so there's a little bit of movement and texture (and places for Dylan to grab, rip and destroy - paramount in any keepsake infant creation, no?)
Okay ummm...I know I said I would report back... I didn't really get to an unfinished object unless you count my thighs. I opted for the gym last night instead of my skirt that I should have finished. But the two were connected. I have to finish my thighs to a normal human size before I can finish sewing the skirt, right?
So cute! I bet she quilts with my mom now, eh?
Jessica, it's wonderful. I am so impressed. Now that it's finished, you can't say you're not a quilter anymore. That is a quilt and you made it. Welcome to the club.
Post a Comment